How Hasland Infant School prepares children for life in modern Britain
We ensure that our pupils and our school promote tolerance and respect for people of all faiths (or those of no faith), cultures and lifestyle.
Staff prepare children positively for life in modern Britain, which pupils demonstrate through their words, actions within the school and in the community.
We educate our pupils to accept and engage with the British values of:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Begin to understand and appreciate the wide range of cultural influences that have shaped their own heritage
- Show a willingness to participate in and respond to a range of opportunities which may be artistic, musical, sporting, mathematical, technological, scientific or cultural
- Show an age appropriate interest in exploring and understanding cultural diversity in order to have respectful attitudes and behaviours towards others.
- Be helped to understand a range of different cultures as preparation for life in modern Britain
- Be given lessons which give them knowledge of the British democratic parliamentary system and its central role in shaping the history and values of Britain, and which continue to develop the country today
- Be taught about the influence they can have when they participate fully in, and contribute positively to, life in modern Britain