"Be the best you can be"
At Hasland Infant and Nursery School, children are at the heart of all our work and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing a rich and enjoyable learning experience. Everything we do as a school aims to ensure that the children develop resilience, are supported to be mentally and physically well in order that they might achieve their very best; it is our responsibility to ensure that all children are aiming for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want every child to be successful from the very first day they join us so that when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
At Hasland Infant School we strive to:-
- Provide a calm, secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having the opportunity to be happy and successful learners;
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school and use this as a foundation for improving standards;
- Value the achievements of all children and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self image;
- Provide a culture in which all staff are supported and encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise;
- Encourage all members of the school community to be leaders of their own learning and act as a good role model to others.
- Work alongside parents and carers to support their children's development and learning;
- Provide rich learning based on the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated;
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and all aspects of school life; individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted;
- Encourage children to become good citizens holding British values, by developing caring attitudes, tolerance and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community.
Our aims at Hasland Infant and Nursery School
- To create a safe, calm, stimulating and achieving environment
- To establish a community in which we are all valued
- To promote respectful, compassionate and inclusive attitudes
- To develop independence, self-esteem, confidence and a love of learning
- To recognise and encourage talent and ability
- To deliver a high quality education through a vibrant and creative curriculum